searching for a section symbol

Robert Evans Robert.Evans at arc.com
Thu Mar 5 03:04:18 PST 2009

Carol,

The FM help and book both list \f as being the sequence for finding the
end-of-flow or end-of-table-cell character (which I think is what you
mean by the section symbol), so something like "[0-9] \f" _should_ work.

However, trying it out (on FM 7, Windows XP), it does seem to work, but
will also find anything with a ending with a digit and a space, so
adding \f doesn't seem to do much.

Is this a bug in FM7? I'm sure I've used \f in the past for tidying up
tables and it worked (only it didn't actually select the end-of-flow
symbol, and of course you can't replace it).

Rob