Is it possible to install the trial Tech Comm Suite 2 beside TCS 1?

Hedley Finger hfinger at handholding.com.au
Tue Mar 10 19:09:25 PDT 2009

I have quite a customised FrameMaker 8 set-up in my Technical
Communication Suite 1.0.  The CDs of the trial TCS 2 arrived today but
there was a warning that the previous version needs to be uninstalled
before installing the trial.  I started the trial installer, which wants
to install into a new and different folder.  In the past, multiple
FrameMaker versions could be installed side-by-side in different
folders, and the new TCS2 folder would seem to suggest that this
continues to be possible, especially if you only select FM9 for
installation.

I am loth to disturb my carefully crafted FM8 set-up just to try out
FM9.  Has anybody succeeded in installing TCS2 or any of its components
alongside TCS1?  And successfully run each ...

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Fax. (call phone first)
Mob. (cell) +61 412 461 558
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hfinger at handholding.com.au>