Dual page numbering

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:44:13 PDT 2009

John,

You have two options, plus a few corner case methods.

The easiest would be:

In the master page, either insert a <$chapnum> variable before the
Current Page # (that contains <$curpagenum>) variable, or you can
modify the Current Page # definition to include both:
<$chapnum>-<$curpagenum>.

Then propagate the modified file changes to your other files with
Import Formats.

In the Book file, set the Chapter numbering property to increase in
all but the first file, which you hard wire to 1. The Page numbering
property for each file in the book should probably stay as you have
it, to continue incrementing, assuming that  you're using sequential
pages.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com