Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Mar 11 15:29:21 PDT 2009

cseal at sympatico.ca wrote:
> Thanks, David. Unfortunately that didn't work. The new tag retained
> the 'f:*footnote ref' override. 'footnote ref' doesn't appear in the
> list of character tags - I've no idea where it came from. I tried
> adding it as a ch tag, then deleting it - that had no effect either.
>
>> From: dspreadb at yahoo.com To: cseal at sympatico.ca;
>> framers at lists.frameusers.com Subject: RE: Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009
>> 16:44:51 -0500
>>
>> Chris, Apply a different tag to the selected text and then retag it
>> with Para, this will remove the errant footnote ref Character Tag.

Hmmmm...

You can add the tag to the Char catalog with File > Utilities > Create
and Apply Formats.  (You will have made a backup, first of course ;-)

Then perhaps you can do a Global update to change them all to something
else...

Grasping at straws here...HTH

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product."

-- Eleanor Roosevelt