invisible mif2go files created in VPC on Mac

Graeme R Forbes Graeme.Forbes at Colorado.EDU
Thu Mar 12 00:17:01 PDT 2009

I'm trying to convert a MacFM 7 document to rtf, using mif2go plugged
into FM7.1 on XP in Virtual PC running in Classic under Tiger on my
Mac. I did this once before, a couple of months ago, no problem. This
time I do the exact same thing and I end up with the rtf file, I
think, but it's invisible on my Mac (even to "search for invisible
files") both in the Finder and to MacFM and Mac Word. But both
Windows FM and Windows Acrobat Reader can see the file (and others
that were created during the conversion). I don't have Windows Word
and need to be able to see the file outside Windows to work on it.
Any ideas why it remains stubbornly invisible on my Mac (even to file
utilities like FileExaminer)?

Thanks,
Graeme Forbes