Omega symbol becomes W in pdf

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:48:36 PDT 2009

A couple things are (or may be at work).

First, it sounds as if your Adobe PDF logical printer is not set as
the system default. Which means that it's possible for Frame to access
other fonts that aren't available to the Distiller, for instance if a
printer with its own hard fonts is in use. If that's the case, FM can
see the symbols the hard printer has on board, but Distiller can't
touch them because they're not really on the computer.

Variations of this can be: the font that you're using for symbols
isn't in the Available Fonts path for Distiller, or it isn't properly
installed, or the license prohibits it being embedded.

But the first easiest thing to check is to make sure that the logical
printer is set as your system default. If it already is, then you'd
need to check the Distiller settings for font locations, the font file
itself and so on. But I'd bet on the default printer not being set
correctly.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com