FM9: some more bugs

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:53:33 PDT 2009

Hi Mahesh

Thank you for the workarounds. I have also seen some other bugs today (after
using your workaround, quitting and restarting FM):

   - The Paragraph Designer does not respond at some point: clicking a
   different tab (button) does not display the contents of that tab for example
   when switching from Pagination to Default Font properties. Also, when I
   leave the Paragraph Designer open and click in different paragraphs of
   different paragraph formats, the Paragraph Tag name does not change
   correspondingly in the Paragraph Designer. Closing and reopening the
   Paragraph Designer does not help.
   - CTRL+ALT+clicking a hyperlinked entry in a generated list (TOC, LOP)
   does not jump to the corresponding position in the FM file.
   - FM9 crashed when I was on a Master Page and changed a tab stop by
   dragging the arrow below the ruler.
   - FM9 crashed when I generated a book from a ditamap with DITA-FMx. I
   tried the same action with the same ditamap in FM8 and FM7.2 and everything
   worked fine there, so the problem is with FM9, not with FM7.2, FM8 or
   DITA-FMx.
   - There are some problems with the "Welcome screen": when I click "User
   Guides" or "Tutorials" in the Resources section, nothing seems to happen. I
   have to switch (ALT+TAB) to my browser manually. There, however, I see that
   the links point to FM8 User Guides and tutorials. When I click "XML and
   DITA", I see that the links point to PDF files about the DITA Starter Kit in
   FrameMaker 7.2

I'm testing FM9p230 in Windows XP, SP3 with 3 GB of RAM.

Any idea when these bugs will be fixed?

Regards

Yves