[OT] checking links within a chm file

Lynn Durell Lynn.Durell at dds.co.uk
Tue May 5 07:39:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks Kathy, this works a treat! Exactly what I was after.

Thanks to everyone for all their help on this. This list is
soooooooooooooo useful. :)

Kind Regards,
Lynn

"Kathy Moore" <kmoore at reactiondesign.com>
03/05/2009 07:29

<Lynn.Durell at dds.co.uk>
cc

Subject
Re: [OT] checking links within a chm file

Hi, Lynn,

I worked with .chm in my last job, and used FAR as a valuable tool for
what sounds like your kind of challenge. You can see it for yourself and
download a trial from Helpware at http://www.helpware.net/FAR/

HTH--

Kathleen Moore
Reaction Design

________________________________

Message: 1
Hi Framers,

I've created a chm file using MS HTMLHelp and I want to check that the
internal hyperlinks within it are correct. For example, I've added a "See
also" section at the bottom of a page to link to another page within the
same chm file. I've had to rename a number of the html files so I want to
double-check I haven't missed any renames or have any typos.

My links I want to check look like this:

I've found something called CHMCheck, but this checks the external links
to other referenced chm files only, not internal links.

Can anyone point me to a free tool that can do this?

Thanks very much in advance.
Lynn