OT: Technical illustrations - Outlining a line drawing

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 06:49:46 PDT 2009

Because you are posting this question to frameusers, I assume you are using Framemaker as your authoring tool.

You can do this in several ways:
If the graphics don't require additional editting, in Frame you can open the Graphics tools, select the anchored frame, select the Pen Pattern in the Graphics icons and set it to whatever color you like. You can set the line width from the Graphics tools as well.

If there is some additional work to be done to the graphics in Illustrator, Photoshop, or Corel, you can create a rectangle, larger than you graphic, and then position the graphic within the rectangle.