OT: Technical illustrations - Outlining a line drawing

Jona Steenbrink jsteenbrink at bluefinrobotics.com
Wed May 6 07:56:00 PDT 2009

If you can't select individual lines from the pdf in illustrator, try
using the Live Trace tool (technical illustration preset) to create a
new vector version of the illustration. Expand the result and you can
select and modify the stroke of individual lines.

Live Trace may be CS3 and newer only.

Jona