OT: Technical illustrations - Outlining a line drawing

Tim Lewis ltc.writer at comcast.net
Thu May 7 08:36:39 PDT 2009

Nadine,

I do this frequently for some of my clients. As the engineer who gave you
the SolidWorks drawing, to save the file as an .easm file, open the eDrawing
in SolidWorks eDrawings (a free viewer from SolidWorks) and then print the
drawing to PDF. Then open the PDF in Illustrator.

If you get the free eDrawings you can then just ask for the .easm file and
turn the object around, position it any way you need it and even hide parts
of the object. It gives you a lot of control of your illustrations.

Tim Lewis
Lewis Technical Communications, Inc.
ltc.writer at comcast.net