Table Footnotes

Chris Seal cseal at sympatico.ca
Wed May 6 17:13:45 PDT 2009

Hi Carla,

I had this problem recently. Here's how I 'faked' it.

I created a 'real' footnote reference in text outside the table, so the
footnote text appears at the bottom of the page with the other 'real'
footnotes. Then I 'hid' the footnote reference by making it white and very
small. Lastly I added a superscript number in the table to resemble the
footnote reference.
Caution: Although this method will automatically update the footnotes if
there are changes ahead of this table footnote, the fake footnote reference
in the table is not updated automatically, and would have to be updated if
necessary. There is probably a way of automating this.

In my situation I had to make a Framemaker document look like an existing
printed report.

...Chris