Book problems - Fm 8 p277 - XP

Stephen O'Brien sobrien at innovmetric.com
Thu May 7 07:42:58 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have a series of 6 books of 6 documents each that use common documents (2).

Each book has a generated TOC.

These books crash FM and I don't know why.

For example, I create the book, do the numbering,
update it, can print it, save after each
operation, and close it. And then I just open and
close the book 3 times in a row. The third time,
FM crashes, the book is corrupt, and I have to
recreate another book. And the problem will
repeat itself. The backup book file may be corrupt too.

Are there some basic rules to follow to avoid
this. Does the first document in a book (often
the title page) have special importance. Does it
have to be configured in a special way? For
example, can it use variables, conditional formats, conditional text, etc.

I always use the same printer driver.

I have fifteen other books that work just fine. Very stable.

Any ideas...

Thx much!!!

Stephen O'Brien
Rédacteur technique senior / Senior Technical Writer
InnovMetric Logiciels inc. / InnovMetric Software Inc.
2014, Cyrille-Duquet, suite 310
Québec (Québec) Canada G1N 4N6

Tel.: (418) 688-2061
Fax: (418) 688-3001
E-mail: sobrien at innovmetric.com
www.innovmetric.com
PolyWorks, the Universal 3D Metrology Software Platform for Manufacturing (TM)