Book problems - Fm 8 p277 - XP

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu May 7 08:00:04 PDT 2009

To me, it sounds as if you're running out of memory/resources at the
end of the string of operations, but you didn't provide your system
specifics. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some memory
leakage going on. Also whether you're running other memory-hungry aps
at the same time. I assume everything is fully patched.

One other obvious thing to check -- if the files are on a server,
after multiple opens and closes, you may running into a network time
out on some files, which can also trigger a crash.

If you haven't done so already, you may want to "wash" the component
files by saving to MIF and reopening, which would remove any odd
characters that may have crept in during the crashing episodes.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.