Coverting Word docs to Structured Framemaker

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Mon May 11 06:10:32 PDT 2009

Hi Tracy

I don't know whether your "structured Frame" files will be DITA XML topics?
If so, you can use MIF2Go to convert your Word docs to DITA, via FM. The
process goes like this:

   1. Open your Word file in FrameMaker and save it as an FM file.
   2. Choose File > Save using MIF2Go > DITA.
   3. Specify the conversion settings in the mif2htm.ini file, for example
   Heading*=title
   Don't worry about the name mif2htm.ini; you will get a conversion to DITA
   XML topics, not to HTML. Your FM book will even be converted to a ditamap!
   4. Go!
   5. If necessary, fine-tune your conversion settings (using the Help file)
   and run the conversion again.

Cheers

--
Yves Barbion • Managing Director • Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor
www.scripto.nu  • skype: yves.barbion  • T: +32 494 12 01 89