[Free Framers] RE: bullets vanish in Frame

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu May 14 07:40:47 PDT 2009

obair wrote:

>> If your default printer is a physical printer (instead of Adobe
>> PDF), maybe your bullet pgf format was set up to use a font that's
>> not installed on your PC, but built into that printer. Then, either
>> you or IT changed the printer driver (such as switching from a
>> PostScript/CloneScript driver to a PCL driver), and the font you
>> were using is no longer available at all.
>
> Yes, I think that IT switched drivers since they resolved an old
> issue with my being unable to see all of the Properties print dialog
> box for our physical printers.  That must be it.
>
> I wonder how I resolve this?

SetPrint from Sundorne:

http://www.sundorne.com/FrameMaker/Freeware/setPrint.htm

Works like a charm, with the side benefit of putting the Console window
in the background when you start FM.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Ah, but a man's screech should exceed his rasp, or what's a violin for?"

--with apologies to Robert Browning and the people next door