Weird pagination problem

Prarthna Srivathsan prarthnadixit at hotmail.com
Thu May 14 10:22:38 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I am having a rather weird problem. I am on Windows XP Professional SP 3 and Framemaker 8.

Currently, the pagination option for all chapters in a book is set to "Before Saving & Printing: Make page count even". I changed it to "Delete Empty Pages" for the entire book. Then when I updated the book, the setting changed back to "Make page count even". I also tried to change the setting separately for each chapter.

This happens every time I have to make changes to or update the book. Whenever I update the book, the setting automatically changes back to the default.

This problem seems to crop up in all the books we maintain.

Is there a super-secret setting that I am overlooking? Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Prarthna