Weird pagination problem

Les Smalley l_c_smalley at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 20:21:22 PDT 2009

Prarthna,

Yes, there is another setting but it is not a super-secret, just not instantly obvious:

In addition to setting the files to delete empty pages, you need to set them to start on the next available side.

If the "typical" setting of your files is to start in a right-hand (recto) page, then FrameMaker must add a blank page when necessary to even out the page count so all files can properly begin as specified, and as is the convention for western publishing - on a RHP.   Updating the book triggers FM to resovle any inconsistency of starting side and pagecount settings, with starting side taking higher priority.

– Les Smalley