FM to Acrobat conversion disaster

David Schor dsch.tw at gmail.com
Mon May 18 05:27:42 PDT 2009

Desperation time. I have a situation that's turning my hair white.

Trying to PDF a 8.27" by 11.69" from my FrameMaker 7.2 docs via Distiller 9
to Acrobat 9.
For some reason, the PDF comes out 11.00" instead of 11.69" cutting off my
headers and footers.
I've searched for all locations of Distiller job obtions on my hard disk,
and all 3 locations have the same joboption file content.

However, in FrameMaker, in the Print>PDF Settings>PDF Job Options list box,
the list of job options is incomplete. Somehow, I suspect that the problem
may lie here somewhere. When I click set, I get a message stating "The
selected PDF job option does not exist in the current installation. Either
create this job option or select an available job option. Continue?"

AARGH!

Please help. Deadline has passed and it's not funny.

TIA very much,
David

--
David Schor