Motivating end users to read the training manual

Martin Ley martin at em-dash.com
Mon May 18 01:27:59 PDT 2009

Hi Gariner,

I produce training manuals for a company in Cambridge. I suggest that
you try and organise some training sessions for the engineers
themselves, based around your documentation (or perhaps create a
special 'engineer-friendly' version which doesn't make them feel
they're being talked down to). That way, they will have a really good
idea of what's in the documentation, and where to find things, and
will also be more inclined to pass this information onto the customer.

The company I work for actually makes every employee go on at least
the level 1 training course - a sort of induction session. I think
that's a really good idea.

It might be that you can use the documentation as the basis for in-
house training courses for the customer, which you can sell at a
premium price.

Hope this helps,

Martin

martin at em-dash dot com