Can no longer make a pdf of a large book

Mon May 18 16:24:33 PDT 2009

Madeleine r Dimond wrote:

> I received a complaint from a writer who said that FrameMaker 9 took
up so
> much processing power that she could not make a pdf of her 700-page
book,
> even though she could do so in FrameMaker 8. We're using Windows XP
SP2,
> and she has 3.25 GB of RAM.

"Processing power"? Not likely (I'm tempted to say "nonsense"). How was
she creating the PDF? When and how did it fail?

The log file for the job (which should be in the directory in which the
PDF was being created) shows which pages were successfully processed,
when the process failed, and what error occurred. That information is
necessary for the list to provide any meaningful suggestions.

Richard