finding copied graphics, another way of doing it

Jenny Greenleaf jgreenleaf at mac.com
Thu May 28 14:45:34 PDT 2009

>> Then I got the idea of separating the file from its linked
>> graphics. I
>> simply renamed the graphics folder and reopened the file. Now only
>> the
>> graphics that were copied into the file were displayed.

At a former company, we used this method to clean up files after a
release. Our process was to copy the graphics folder to somewhere else
(as backup) and delete everything out of the original folder. As Frame
asked for a graphic, we would move it back into the original graphics
folder. The leftovers could be tossed, leaving a graphics folder that
was much easier to find things in and without random old screenshots,
files in other formats, etc.

Very handy trick.

Jenny