creating oversize PDFs

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue Nov 10 05:13:32 PST 2009

Fred,

You wrote:

>I am trying to create a PDF file from a FrameMaker document that is
>approximately 18x36" format. I am using FrameMaker 8 and Acrobat Pro 9.
>
>I choose Adobe PDF as my printer and create a custom page size. But I
>keep getting 0 size ps files or no PDF at all when I print straight to PDF.
>
>I've managed to get this sort of thing to work in the past, but am
>having no luck this time.  ...

Reduce the Adobe PS driver resolution to 1200 or 600 dpi, then try again.

[ Also, if you haven't done it already, I recommend applying the Adobe PS
driver fix released by Microsoft, available through
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=952909 ]

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants
"Improve Your FrameMaker Skills" web-based training sessions

"Graphics & Video in PDFs" 1-hour webinar (free)
Tuesday, November 24, 2009, starting 10am PST | 1pm EST | 6pm UTC | 8pm Israel
https://student.gototraining.com/4b34y/register/5808052943743757771