FM crashing upon attempt to create PDF - 3Qs

Orly Zimmerman orlyz at marvell.com
Tue Nov 10 04:09:59 PST 2009

HI All,

I'm working in FM8 - TCS, unstructured, on Windows XP Pro

I have a few questions:
1. Does anyone know of a way to get FM to stop creating the recovery files for when FM crashes?

Lately, I'm working on an incredibly large book and whenever I change my conditional text settings, update the book and then try to create my PDF, FM crashes. I don't need those recovery files, and would like to disable their creation if possible.

Question 2 is whether anyone knows how to get FM to stop crashing altogether when attempting to create the PDF -

I seached the archives and came across a suggestion for a Windows Hotfix -
Question 3:  Have any of you used the hotfix? Does it cause any other problems or does it actually fix the problem?

Thanks,
Orly Z.