Beware the Inadvertent Global Search and Replace

Jerry Kindall j.kindall at tecplot.com
Tue Nov 10 11:55:00 PST 2009

Hi all,

Regarding the "inadvertent global search and replace" issue in FrameMaker 9's Find/Change dialog recently discussed on this mailing list, I have put together an AutoHotKey script that forces the Find field to be selected when you press Control-F, so that you end up typing where you expected to be typing.

If you have been bitten by the new Find behavior and would like to test this tool, please drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a copy.  (I will eventually post it for download on my Web site, but would like a few more people try it out first.)

PS -- AutoHotKey is a free scripting tool that lets you drive the UIs of applications, among many other things.  Scripts can be compiled into EXEs, which is what I have done.  See http://www.autohotkey.com/ for details.

--
Jerry Kindall, Technical Writer
Tecplot, Inc. "Enjoy the View"