FM crashing upon attempt to create PDF - 3Qs

Ed. hamonwry12 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:21:13 PST 2009

I've been having this problem for years in FM 7.2. My solution seemed to be
removing from my templates a corrupt Myriad Pro family of fonts. It pains
me, because I absolutely love this typeface, and have pretty much made it
"mine".

It took me several tries and search-and-replacing in MIF files to completely
eradicate it, but it seems like it's working. I switched to Helvetica Neue
Pro, which is much less beautiful a face than Myriad, but I can live with
it.

One of a million possible scenarios, I'm sure.

Hope this helps,
-=Ed.
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 7:09 AM, Orly Zimmerman <orlyz at marvell.com> wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I'm working in FM8 - TCS, unstructured, on Windows XP Pro
>
> I have a few questions:
> 1. Does anyone know of a way to get FM to stop creating the recovery files
> for when FM crashes?
>
> Lately, I'm working on an incredibly large book and whenever I change my
> conditional text settings, update the book and then try to create my PDF,
FM