HUGE Problem with Adobe TCS2 and Distiller

Spectrum Writing info at spectrumwritingllc.com
Wed Nov 11 09:03:57 PST 2009

all,

I have Adobe TCS installed on Win7, 64-bit system.  When I try to print to a
single file or a book to a postscript file with Adobe Acrobat distiller
open, I get this message inside of distiller:

Adobe PostScript software version: 3018.101

Adobe PDF Settings file read error in PDFX4 2008.joboptions:

/CheckCompliance out of range

And FM  locks on me and that's the end of the story.  After many attempts to
correct this, I simply gave up and decided to uninstall/reinstall FM 9.0
thinking that would solve the issue. When I put in disk1 of my TCS2 install
disk, and request to uninstall (NOT reinstall/uninstall) Adobe FM 9 and
Adobe Acrobat Extended Pro, I can only uninstall FM 9.0! when I try to
simply uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat Extended Pro 9, I get this
message:

RSo3Middletierservice. exe and MiddleTierservice.exe are running and it
WON'T let me uninstall anything else. WTF? I have absolutely NOTHING else
open during the uninstall - I have closed everything including outlook,
snagit, etc. and for the life of me, I can't uninstall.

I finally gave that up and went to a RevoUninstaller and even that won't
uninstall  the rest of TCS2. I get the same message about the .exe files
being open.

I am LOCKED in uninstall hell with TCS2 and I need to be able to clean my
system and do a clean reinstall.

This TCS has been the biggest clusterf--k since day one and I am absolutely
frozen to be able to work.

Help!!

Tammy  Van Boening

Owner/Principal