Upgrades to Acrobat 8 not working

Brabson, Michelle Michelle.Brabson at sungardhe.com
Wed Nov 11 11:53:30 PST 2009

Framers,

When we install Acrobat on new or refurbished machines we do not have the ability to install Acrobat 8.1 through 8.1.7 without serious ramifications to Acrobat functionality. When this occurs, Acrobat does not allow us to enter values on the Initial View window on the File > Properties menu in Acrobat. It also does not allow us to save via the Advanced > PDF Optimizer window.

Note that we are able to install up to version 8.0 with these Acrobat functions work properly, but we are concerned about the messages from Adobe describing security issues that require the additional upgrades. Any help understanding this problem would be appreciated.

Please copy us when you respond since I am on the Digest.

FrameMaker 7.2
Some versions have Acrobat 8.0 and
Some versions have Acrobat 8.1.7
Windows XP Version 2002 Professional Service Pack 3

Michelle

Michelle Brabson * Technical Production Manager * SunGard Higher Education * 4 Country View Road, Malvern, PA 19355 * Tel 610-578-5040 * Fax 610-578-5400 * Michelle.Brabson at sungardhe.com * www.sungardhe.com