fonts in Frame9 on Win7

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Mon Nov 16 16:23:55 PST 2009

Windows 7 has a new Fonts Control Panel that is a bit weird and sometimes
buggy.

First of all, it groups all fonts of the same family together. For example,
all Arial is listed as one font, but if you click on that font, it opens a
window showing all the styles. For some Adobe font families, you might see
thirty-something typefaces that way and others, you might see several
separate groupings.

Secondly, I've found a problem in which the Windows 7 font panel refuses
to show any Type 1 fonts even after installing them. I am working with
Microsoft to debug and fix that problem. (Removing such "hidden" fonts
required registry edits - double ouch!)

	- Dov