hyperlink problem - solved

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Nov 25 08:36:02 PST 2009

Fred Ridder wrote:

>> Glad you solved the problem. Adobe PDF logical printers print books
>> in a single step as the default behaviour... As far as I know, the
>> only way to get it to print into separate files is to specify
>> separate files on the FM print dialog box, to get around the
>> default. So I'd suggest really looking at all the checkboxes on the
>> Print dialog box.to see what you're specifying. Generate Acrobat
>> must be checked, but Print To File and Separate files should be
>> OFF.
>

> Perhaps what is confusing Jo is that whenever you toggle the Generate
> Acrobat Data option from unchecked to checked, it also automatically
> selects the Print To File option. You can then uncheck Print To File
> without affecting the Generate Acrobat Data setting, but you have to
> remember to do it. On my first go at producing a PDF from a book, I
> forget that step as often as I remember it, and I periodically have
> to purge my system of all the unneeded and unused PS files that I
> created in those "D'oh!!!" moments.
>
> But I agree that I have never observed the Separate Files option be
> selected as the default.

I think Jo said she is using 6.0, which may not have the separate files
option.  But I seem to remember that early versions of FM would produce
a separate PDF per chapter when printing from the book window if you put
an asterisk (only) in the filename box for Print to file.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."