hyperlink problem - solved

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 08:58:58 PST 2009

Stuart Rogers wrote:

> I think Jo said she is using 6.0, which may not have the separate files
> option. But I seem to remember that early versions of FM would produce
> a separate PDF per chapter when printing from the book window if you put
> an asterisk (only) in the filename box for Print to file.

Right you are, Stuart. I had been remembering FM6 as the first version that included the separate files option. But a quick visit to my bookshelf proved that I was mistaken; that feature wasn't introduced until FM7.

But the fact is that the only way that you could get FM6 to produce separate PDFs for the chapters in a book was to print to file and use an asterisk in place of a filename. As I recall, there was no way to get separate PDFs directly; you always had to print to PS, then distill. It was about as far as you can get from default behavior.

-Fred Ridder