Merging books: Need FM mechanisms and methodologies for merging books with large fraction of identical material

Avraham Makeler amakeler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 09:38:08 PDT 2009

>> I will jump in and mention that to avoid a deadline being missed,
Good point of course. I already insisted that this is something that they
must postpone until **after** the delivery deadline.

>> I would estimate the time for completion at 5 pages an hour.

Hmmm .. so that's 20 hours per 100 pages. So for the six books I list,
that's ~100 hrs = two weeks work. I hope it can be done a bit faster. They
are not going to like to hear 100 hours. In addition, there is also the
"possibility of migrating everything from FM to Word" floating around at
this particular client. So there is never much point in making a big
investment in FM book restructuring.