Merging books: Need FM mechanisms and methodologies for merging books with large fraction of identical material

quills at airmail.net quills at airmail.net
Tue Oct 13 14:03:41 PDT 2009

It better to estimate the worst case, rather than best case scenario.
You could find that your conversion/merge goes much faster, in which
case you are a hero. If you estimate too little and miss your delivery
date, you are a villain.

If they go to Word, then there won't be any sharing of content. You will
need to have two separate documents. Word doesn't play nicely with a
complex or complicated format structure. And it isn't suited to
conditional text, or referenced text.

Scott