Beware the Inadvertent Global Search and Replace

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 01:52:44 PDT 2009

Yes, with FM 7 / 7.2, but luckily without any disaster that I know of,
thank God. I ususally start with Find, and as FM defaults to book, if
the book is open, I sometimes get stuck for a while while FM opens and
closes maybe hundreds of files before I am allowed to do anything.

I would call this a bug, not a feature, because if the default was the
open file, it would oftentimes only take a fraction of the time it
> takes for Find or Replace to browse through the whole book. :-( Something lacking in structuring of the layout of the feature. IMHO, the programmers seem not to have taken human behaviour sufficiently into consideration.

A very dangerous feature, indeed.

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson