Old styles being picked up

Nina Rogers Nina.Rogers at DrakeSoftware.com
Thu Oct 15 07:30:27 PDT 2009

Hi all,

For several years, I was the sole tech writer at my company and was the
only person in my department who used Framemaker. Now we have another
tech writer, for a total of two.

For this year's user guides, I made some changes to the paragraphs and
character styles, cross-reference names, etc. I created a template
document that contained info about all of these new styles and when to
use them-it took quite a bit of work, but we needed it, particularly
since we now had more than one tech writer, and the new tech writer
(unfortunately) cannot read my mind. :)

Anyway, I have no problem with using the new styles on my computer. When
the new tech writer opens my documents on his computer for editing or
proofreading, however, or when he creates a document on his own using
the template, many of the obsolete styles end up finding their way in
his documents.

It is very time consuming for him to have to go through every document
he touches and delete the obsolete styles. Can someone tell me how to
avoid this issue? Thanks!

Nina Rogers, Technical Writer

Drake Software Tax Development

nina.rogers at drakesoftware.com

This email (including any attachments) contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION protected by federal and/or state law and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) designated
as recipient(s). The information contained within this email should not
be construed as tax advice. If you are not an intended recipient of the
email, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email
is strictly prohibited. Disclosure to anyone other than the intended
recipient does not constitute a waiver of any applicable privilege. If
you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by
phone at (828) 524-2922 or by email at Security at Dnet.net
<mailto:Security at Dnet.net>  and then permanently delete the original and
any copy of this email (including any attachments) and destroy any
printout thereof.