Beware the Inadvertent Global Search and Replace

Callie Bertsche c.bertsche at tecplot.com
Thu Oct 15 10:26:03 PDT 2009

I just had to reply that it's nice to hear from another framer out there who has had the same trouble with Ctrl-f and typing being misinterpreted by FM 9! I used to do this habitually in FM 7 to navigate quickly in my huge books. Now with FM 9, as you said, the focus is unpredictable and it has also bitten me a couple times!! Most recently I accidentally did a book global "find all note text and replace with space" with 57 instances accidentally when I only meant to type a word into the Find text field!! Unfortunately I hadn't checked my files into source control in a couple days so I had to painstakingly go through and re-add all of my note text...fortunately I had a built PDF to copy from, but still took me quite a while and was infuriating. Quite an unfortunate change of behavior from FM 7!

It's nice to know that someone else out there has shared my frustration. :)

Cheers, Callie

Message: 5