Framemaker installed as Administrator

Scott White swhite at alamark.com
Fri Oct 16 06:20:57 PDT 2009

I have this new client who installed Framemaker 9.0 on a PC running
windows xp. Seems he installed and registered it using the admin
account and not the regular user account. So now when the regular user
of the machine tries to open Frame she can't. Only if she is logged on
as admin can she open it.
Adobe will not help this guy out with his situation since he
registered the product under admin.

His email:  "I called Adobe technical support and they will not
provide any assistance because when I registered the software I put in
different information that doesn't match Nancy's account at Adobe.
Therefore, they are of no help how to configure their software to run
under a normal user's account.  I have also perfomed internet searches
to no avail."

Is there any way around this? His issue is he doesn't want the user to
have admin rights to run the software.

Scott White
Media Production & EBC Manager
Implementation Coordinator