Tile page with new version number

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 07:29:43 PDT 2009

I'd go with Art on this, but there is a question if you really need
the revision number as a part of the file name? (And a good rule of
thumb: don't use spaces or in file names, althoug allowed in Windows,
and no dots other than before file endings. The one does not work well
with *nix and the other with many Windows applications).

I used to do this, but it makes revision work very tedious if you got
a long list of files within a book. What I did was to turn to
SVN/TortoiseSVN versioning database and keep all the files in there.
You can keep the file names constant which makes all referenced files
happy, and it is SO easy to work with.

HOWEVER: If I am misunderstanding you, and you are talking about an
autogenerated list, I usually create a text frame on each page that
has a different revision number that the previous and put a
Header/Footer $1 (or Header/Footer $2) marker in there populated with
the revision number (and the other with the revision date, if need be)
and then use Silicon Prairie's LEP tool to make (or prepare for) the
autogenerated List of Markers.

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
--
"Life is not only a game--it is also a dance on roses."
	--Fleksnes (Rolv Wesenlund)