Strategy for reading list

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 03:38:24 PDT 2009

Hi Gordon,

Glad you found the list and found it so helpful. Hopefully you will
find it as helpful as many of us on the list. :-)

I have for several years kept all my FrameMaker related mail on my
Gmail account, mostly with automatic labeling that Gmail provides.
Including other mail it accounts to more than 10,000 mails and still
using just over 10% of my mail quota, but in Gmail everything is
threaded, inbox mail with sent mail, so it is my first spot to search
for any help on FM matters.

You can probably do something similar with other mail agents, but I
have not come across anything better suited for the job than Gmail.

Until you get a lot piled up in your kept mail, you can, of course
just google your problems, which will very often lead you to the
discussions on the list, and you can search the archives, (which took
a bit longer when I tried the last time, which was several years ago).

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Iceland

2009/10/26 Gordon Maney <gmaney at mestek.com>:
> I greatly appreciate the value to be found in this mailing list. I admit
> I am really accustomed to using web forums, and have no experience using
> lists such as this.
>
> It has been hard for me to engage with the emails and be able to pick my
> way meaningfully through the information. It is often confusing to me.
> It seems that to stay connected with the process you would have to read
> absolutely everything, all the time, otherwise the chain is broken.
>
> My question is this: How do you engage with this mechanism so you can
> best understand the flow of content and follow topics?
>
> Thank you,
> Gordon Maney

"Life is not only a game--it is also a dance on roses."
	--Fleksnes (Rolv Wesenlund)