Print text in spot color

wim at idtp.eu wim at idtp.eu
Tue Sep 8 04:36:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

(FM9, WinXP)

We have a document that uses black and one spot color. Spot color is
defined to be 'print as spot'. When printed to PDF (not saved as),
spot colors used as fill in tables and graphic elements are printed
ok, as 100% spot clor. But colored text is printed as CMYK (where
total of ink percentage is over 200% ??).

I don't understand this, does FM make a difference between text(color)
and other objects? Or is it a FM9 bug?

--
Vriendelijke groet,

Wim Hooghwinkel

Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in FrameMaker

iDTP

International DTP and Documentation Consultancy

tel. +31652036811
info at idtp.eu
www.idtp.eu