Help: File gone berserk

Philip Sharman philip.sharman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 10:02:42 PDT 2009

Wow, this is very strange.

I've been running into this same issue lately, so I did a quick test and
that hidden table format is well and truly hidden, even from MIF which
really surprised me.  If I export the file to MIF and open it with a text
editor, there is no mention of the missing font anywhere in the MIF file.
And yet FrameMaker insists it is there, every time I open the FM file.  But
the good news is that exporting to MIF and then opening the MIF from inside
FrameMaker finally kills off the zombie table definition.  (So does
unchecking "Remember Missing Font Names" in the preferences, but that might
change more than you want.)

This is using FrameMaker 7.2. I don't know if the behavior is any different
in later versions.

To make simpler, I think we should all stick to Courier New :-)
   Philip.