[framescript-users] OT: Backup software

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Mon Sep 28 12:09:53 PDT 2009

> Having just survived a hard drive meltdown, with the loss of some data,
> I am
> looking for recommendations for backup software.

Check out EMC Retrospect. I use Retrospect Professional. It comes with
licenses for itself and two additional clients, and you can buy more
licenses very inexpensively. I put the main program on a computer that I use
for nothing but backup storage.  A client installs on each computer I want
to back up. I have it set to automatically backup each computer over the
network every night. I can restore individual files or everything, including
the OS, when a hard disk fries. It's saved my butt more than once.

A lot of people just use the program as a standalone on their sole computer,
backing up to CD, DVDs, etc. That's a lot more work, though.

Mike Wickham