[framescript-users] OT: Backup software

Mike H senex64 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 10:37:04 PDT 2009

I have used Drivesnapshot (http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm)
without a hitch for three years on XP and Vista. Very lean; if
preferred, no installation is required, it'll just run off the command
line. And it runs a complete verify on the backup, unlike most other
programs. On any version of Windows (at least 2K to Vista), you can
bind it into Bart PE, then you restore by booting of your Bart PE CD.

Cheers,
Mike

Having just survived a hard drive meltdown, with the loss of some data, I am
looking for recommendations for backup software. I normally back up my data,
but it is still a pain to reinstall all of my programs and set things up
after a disaster. Is there a way to make a disk image that can be used so
that the OS, applications, etc. can be restored? ...
<<