Using Subversion with Frame Files

Lea Galanter lgalanter at attenex.com
Mon Sep 28 09:51:22 PDT 2009

Our software development department currently uses Subversion, and I
create documentation using Frame. To me, Subversion is a version control
system, and it ignores file types. So it's irrelevant if I'm saving
.book or .fm files to a folder or directory in Subversion. I do maintain
a separate documentation directory for files associated with each
document, except for files that need to stay with the developers' files.

Subversion was a bit of a bear to learn -- it has some weird
idiosyncrasies that I haven't seen in other versioning systems, but I
also have a lot more control of creating directories and folder
structures.

Lea Galanter
Lead Technical Editor and Writer
Attenex, an FTI company