variable date incorrect -- how to fix

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 13:10:10 PDT 2010

"Creation date (long)" is a system variable that references the file creation date in the Windows file header. You can modify the *format* of how this variable is displayed and printed in the document (e.g. changing from "Month dd, yyyy" to "dd Month yyyy"), but you cannot change what the date is because it's being extracted from the file's OS metadata.

If you're looking to insert a specific date (rather than referencing a date that is managed by the file system like the creation data and the last save date), you will want to define a user variable that contains the specific text string you want. Or am I misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish?

-Fred Ridder