Upgrading FrameMaker - IE Service Pack ?

Thu Apr 8 10:01:05 PDT 2010

Diana Stock wrote:

> The Company is finally upgrading to Service Pack 3 soon, but staying on
> IE version 6, until all application testing is completed.  I believe FM
> 7 will error with SP2.

Service Pack 3 of what? Windows XP? Vista? And what does Internet Explorer have to do with this?

What leads you to believe that FM 7 will have a problem? (I assume "SP2" is a typo and you meant "SP3," but again, of what?)

I'm guessing you're on Win XP (because I'm not sure IE 6 is compatible with Vista). FWIW, I've been running FM 7.2 (unstructured) on Windows XP SP3 for quite some time. No problems.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom