Upgrading FrameMaker - IE Service Pack ?

Diana Stock Diana.Stock at wnco.com
Thu Apr 8 10:36:54 PDT 2010

Thanks for the quick responses,
MyBad, and ignorance for the lack of detail - sorry!

> Service Pack 3 of what? Windows XP? Vista? And what does Internet
Explorer have to do with this?
Windows XP. FM 7.0

> What leads you to believe that FM 7 will have a problem? (I assume
"SP2" is a typo and you meant "SP3," but again, of what?)
Our IT department made the suggestion - someone using FM 7.0 on XP SP3
had many errors, freezes, crashes; so they upgraded their FM to v9. The
rest of that department uses FM 7.0 XP SP2.

I offered to send the question to the list for another department. I no
longer use FM as a primary application and know that this is a great
resource.

> I'm guessing you're on Win XP (because I'm not sure IE 6 is compatible
with Vista). FWIW, I've been running FM 7.2 (unstructured) on Windows XP
SP3 for quite some time. No problems.

Someone is testing FM8 on XP SP3 and gets this message.
SGML Read Messages...

C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker8\structure\sgml\Southwest-700\rw.fm;
Could not find include file (C:\Program
Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.0\structure\SGML\isoents\isoall.rw).

Error reading the rules file ($STRUCTDIR\sgml\Southwest-700\rw.fm).

SGML open aborted.

So I am guessing the DTD need editing - I have never used structured
files.

Thanks again,
Diana

> The Company is finally upgrading to Service Pack 3 soon, but staying
on
> IE version 6, until all application testing is completed.  I believe
FM
> 7 will error with SP2.

Service Pack 3 of what? Windows XP? Vista? And what does Internet
Explorer have to do with this?

What leads you to believe that FM 7 will have a problem? (I assume "SP2"
is a typo and you meant "SP3," but again, of what?)

I'm guessing you're on Win XP (because I'm not sure IE 6 is compatible
with Vista). FWIW, I've been running FM 7.2 (unstructured) on Windows XP
SP3 for quite some time. No problems.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
303-903-6372
------

  ******* CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE *******

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.