Frame 7.1 to 8 upgrade -- benefits?

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Fri Apr 9 11:11:06 PDT 2010

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:00:12 -0400, Art Campbell
<art.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:

>I think my first question would be if FM 8 isn't offered for sale anywhere
>because it's not a supported release, how you'd upgrade...

Easy.  Join the Adobe Transactional Licensing Program:
 http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/volumelicensing/tlp/

 Adobe's Transactional Licensing Program (TLP) 5 makes
 it easy to get volume pricing with no membership
 requirements and no agreements to sign. This program
 is available worldwide to commercial, education, and
 government  organizations and covers most Adobe desktop
 products.

You can then buy FM9 and downgrade to 8 with official
blessings.  This makes a lot of sense for companies
who already have Frame installations and just need
one or two added copies; they don't have to upgrade
everyone (not financially possible in most cases
these days) or else switch to Word.  ;-)  They can
just get one or two licenses and downgrade to match
the rest of their installed base.

Definitely one of Adobe's better moves.  ;-)