OT: Creating hyperlinks in PDF from Word source doc

Jon Harvey JHarvey at cambridgesoft.com
Mon Apr 12 06:31:59 PDT 2010

Everyone,

I have a Word document in which all entries in the TOC are hyperlinked.
The problem is that the hyperlinks do not work when the document is
printed to a PDF. I'm using the Rich Content PDF job option in distiller
8.0. The Word doc is  in docx format opened in Word 2003.

I've opend the Rich Content PDF.jopoptions file in Wordpad and verified
that it says "/IncludeHyperlinks true", so I don't think it's been
tampered with.

I may be making this harder than it should be but I don't see any
options for solving the problem. What gives?

Jon Harvey
Manager, Desktop & Enterprise Documentation
CambridgeSoft Corporation
100 CambridgePark Drive
Cambridge, MA 02140
(617) 588-9354