Possible Bug in Frame 9

Scott White swhite at alamark.com
Tue Apr 13 09:42:16 PDT 2010

We may have discovered a bug in Frame when saving to PDF. We were creating print-ready PDFs for our printer and for some reason it would not embed our Helvetica Fraction Fonts in the PDF.
I have my PDF settings set like have been using for years with Frame 7 through 8. Never a problem.
Now we save as PDF and a couple of files will embed the fonts fine and then all of a sudden we get bad output. Instead of the fraction looking like (superscript)1/(subscript)2 it looks like Z/x or whatever fraction we are trying to use.
I had to shutdown Framemaker 9 and restart it and then the fonts would embed in the file correctly.  I visually check my files when we first output, but then let the process run after I approve. I had no idea what I approved would change. This cost me $1,000 at the printer as I had to redo all my files.

Framemaker 9 running on Windows XP Pro through bootcamp on a MAC.

Scott White
Media Production & EBC Manager
Implementation Coordinator
210-704-8239